picture

searchwarp.com

Thursday 5 March 2015

Our God, Our Heavenly Father is Greater and Higher Than Any Other

I don't know if you have ever had the chance to meet someone famous. I have not. The only thing remotely close would be several years ago when Franklin Graham and his team were in Winnipeg for a crusade. We took our family to the crusade two nights to hear Mr Graham  preach. I remember I felt sort of in awe to actually see him in person from a distance. To be in the same building as the famous preacher was kind of an exciting feeling. I felt small and insignificant. But Franklin Graham is human, just as I am and really God's love is the same for the both of us. All of us humans are sinners, and in need of the Saviour Jesus Christ. So when I think of the who really is great - it is only God alone who deserves our worship. 

Psalm 99:5 says Exalt ye the Lord our God, and worship at his footstool; for he is holy.
 We are able to understand  the point that we should worship God, after all He is God .....but then to think that He actually also wants to be in relationship with us. That is simply amazing!! To think that God Almighty, the I AM God, God from everlasting to everlasting, the God who made the whole world and keeps it in place  welcomes us to come to Him.   We feel like such insignificant human beings and yet He loves us so. God treats us with so much love and grace every day.  He wants us to come boldly to Him in prayer with our burdens and requests and lay our lives down before Him.

 Hebrews 4:16  Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. 

 We do not need to try to pretend anything before God, we can come just as we are and He is pleased that we have come and He is more than willing to communicate with us, be our best friend and meet all of our longings.

 Jeremiah 29:13 says  And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

He saves all who come to Him in repentance believing in Jesus as the only Saviour. And He is preparing a home for us to live with Him throughout all eternity! It can't get any better than that!! 

John 14 verses 1-3 talk about the mansion He is preparing for us:


 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

We see that there is no person that can ever compare to God Almightly, the LORD of all!

Isaiah 6 1-8 gives a good description of God on the throne, and how the heavenly beings worship Him. He alone is worthy of our worship!!



 In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.
 Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.
And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.
And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke.
Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts.
 Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar:
 And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.
Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

No comments:

Post a Comment